RegisterLog In

Salary hold by Boss after resignation

ong chee gang
Tue, 04 Jan 2011 08:38:22 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:48:24 PM)

Hi,  I had service my company as  Marketing executive for 1 year and i had serviced the 2 month notices end (27 Nov 2010) as per accept in my employment letter, but my company still owe me 1 month salary and 3 month claim with my commission ( Sept - Nov ).  What i do now as my company still dont want to pay me. Please give me advise.

A million Thanks.

From, Ong

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 05 Jan 2011 05:22:39 PM

If your salary is below RM5000, you can go to the Labour Office see whether they can help you out.

ong chee gang
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:50:10 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Wed, 05 Jan 2011 05:22:39 PM

If your salary is below RM5000, you can go to the Labour Office see whether they can help you out.

my salary plus claim and commision total rm 8000.00. what should i do? i been to labour office, they just can help us to get judgement to said that this company owe me money. if they still dont want to pay me, they also cant do anything and just ask us go to civil court.. if go to civil court my company still dont want to pay me what should i do?

ong

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:48:24 PM

After getting the judgment from the Labour Office, you can enforce it in a civil court to become a judgment of the civil court. After that, if your employer fails to comply with the civil court's order, you may apply to enforce the order by attaching the company's properties and so on. You will need a lawyer to do all that and the process can take a long time. Meanwhile, the cheapest way is to go through the Labour Office. Lodge a claim first and worry about what will come next later.

This topic is closed