RegisterLog In

Constructive Dismissal

Allen Wong
Sat, 08 Jan 2011 04:32:48 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 09:50:09 AM)

Dear Sir,

the CEO of the company i work with currently plans to close down my advertising media sales department (of which i am HOD) because a third party company is talking to him to buy over the inventory. Furthermore, as HOD, i was never roped in for these discussions. Therefore, the positions for my teammates and i will be redundant and not required. We are given the option of trying to apply for other opportunities in other department / sister companies, but doing different things which we are not familiar with. We are being pushed to a corner without prior notice and consultation. If we decide to resign (constructive dismissal) and not take up any offer they might give to us within the group of companies, do we have a strong case if we want to seek compensation?  Our salaries per month exceed RM5K per person. Who should we speak to who can advice us on what our plans of action are?

Thank you!

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 08 Jan 2011 09:50:09 AM

If you intend to go along the "construction dismissal" line, I would suggest, before you do that,  you better go to the Industrial Relations Department and discuss with one of the officers there in order to get some proper advice first.

This topic is closed