RegisterLog In

Hospitalization entitlement of 60days

guo liang
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 09:33:20 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:09:52 AM)

Does hospitalization of 60 days entitled to all confirmed staff and also probation staff? Or the entitlement of days are at the discreet of the management?

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 05:50:01 PM

As far as the Employment Act is concerned, there is no distinction between confirmed and probationary staff. All staff covered by the Act are entitled to hospitalisation whether confirmed or not confirmed. .

mohd faiz goh
Fri, 29 Jul 2011 07:28:16 PM

My wife had recently undergone an abdominal operation and was warded in hospital for 4 days. She discharged from hospital and duly given 60 days medical leave as endorsed by doctor as hospitalization. She submitted her leave form from hospital to her employer and was told that her hospitalization only for 4 days and the rest of the medical leave was not recognized as hospitalization. She was bedridden at home after the operation. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 09:27:10 AM

If your wife is covered by the Employment Act (meaning salary not more than RM1500), you may consult the Labour Department about the matter. Bring along the doctor's endorsement letter.

mohd faiz goh
Sat, 06 Aug 2011 09:45:46 AM

Contacted Labor office and the reply was 60 days hospitalization means we have to be in hospital for 60 days. The labor officer said this is new ruling. can anyone help?? 

Uma Devi
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:36:14 PM

In my point of view, the 60days MC should be treated as hospitalization as it’s due to the operation. We have to consider the hospitalization entitlement on the sickness.  The doctor can’t let the patient stay at hospital for the 60days or until recovery as it will cost more for the patient. Thus they will provide MC for home rest until the patient recover well. You may request the doctor to stamp “Hospitalization” on the MC as well.

mohd faiz goh
Sat, 20 Aug 2011 11:03:00 AM

Have personally met up with 2 Labor officers in my area. I finally found out these people were so much incompetent and rendering inaccurate advises to clients. They probably can't read Labor law and have poor judgement. They were the culprits that misled my wife's employer on this issue. By the way I'm writing in to the Minister pertaining to these incompetent behavior of the officers.

chan tse keong
Thu, 02 Feb 2012 05:57:08 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to know if a employee is hospitalised from 23Dec 2011 to 23Jan 2012, is the hospitalization leave  consider from 23rd to 31st December or until 23rd Jan 2012?

Our HR dept informed that the hospitalisation leave is based on calender year, therefore the hospitalisation leave should be consider till 31st Dec. and the remaining days have to deduct from the sick leave.

Another question is, if it is true that the hospital leave is cover till 31st Dec. why the remaining leaves cannot utilise the new entitlement in the following year.

Currently the employee entitlement for hospitalisation leave is 60 days.

Appreciate your advise on this matter.

Rgds

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:09:52 AM

If they talked about calendar, then whatever sick leave or hospitalisation in 2012 should be based on 2012 entitlement, isn't it? Confirm the issue with the Labour Office.

This topic is closed