RegisterLog In

Resignation & AnnualLeave Balance Encashment

astima kc
Thu, 08 Sep 2011 04:06:20 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 04:51:12 PM)

Hi Hi,

Background:

Official Resign Date: 03rd Aug 2011

Notice Period: 1 month

Official Last Date: 02nd Sep 2011.

Last Date (After deducted Leave Balance) : 12th Aug 2011

Actual Last Date with the company: 19th Aug 2011 (Left the company after this date)

Earned Annual Leave Balance: 15 Days.

Is the below calculation correct?

Total Pay = 01Aug til 31Aug2011 full month pay + Additional 5 working day pay (15th Aug til 19th Aug 2011)

Additional Questions:

1. According to the above case, do i consider served the full 1 month notice period?

2. What is the difference between Leave Deduct vs Leave Offset?

3. By right, should I be explained or notified by the HR on my resign details in letter (Release Letter)?

Reason why I asked is because, I was not clearly explained by the HR on my resign details, and HR consider it I offset my Leave Balance for early leaving and hence 10 days of my Annual Leave were not paid (Offset the date from 22nd Aug to 02nd Sep 2011)

HR made assumption on my early leaving is to join another company, which in the matter of fact I wasn't.

4. Is there any statement that mentioned, HR must official explain to resigning employee on the resign details and the employee has to Sign on the letter?

Thank you very much.

Sorry for the lengthy case. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 09 Sep 2011 04:51:12 PM

I simply cannot go into specifics and it is no point do that here also as opinions here may not carry an weight. You better try your best to thrash out the issue with your HR and if there is still disputes, you may have to refer the matter to the Labour Department.

This topic is closed