RegisterLog In

24 hours resignation..need advice

Harry
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:38:41 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 04:13:00 PM)

hi,i was a despatch that worked almost 9 years.1 day they offer me to work in the office but with same salary as despatch. they gave me 1 week to decide. i said ok if they give me for a certain job and they aggree and of coz theres no black and white. i need to work overtime plus 2 times saturday to reach my old salary. sound unfair ey but nevermind atleast i got what job as promised. 6 month + until now but still didnt get any new offer letter. my status still despatch and even pay slip still show my motor allowance. after work for 6 month suddenly they gave me different job scoop. multiple task that makes me feel more unfair. trying to discuss the matter but not goin anywhere. question is..can i tender 24 hours notice coz i heard that got some law said cant coz i already confirm. is there any way for me to tender 24 hours notice? sry for long story >.<

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 26 Sep 2011 04:13:00 PM

You have to give 8 weeks notice if there is nothing in your appointment letter stating about notice period. Read    Section 12 of the Employment Act. Get a job first before you leave this one. You don't want to go without a job waiting.

This topic is closed