RegisterLog In

3 years contract

agnes
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:54:19 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:22:03 PM)

Good Day all,

I started my work Dec 2011, after 3 months probation period , now March 2012, the Employer want to confirm me and required me to sign a long term working contract with the company.  In the contract stated, if i failed to serve the company for 3 years, i have to compensate 50 thousand to company. This is because, only those employee who sign the contract will entitled to Yearly bonus and the company doing this is to avoid the employee leave after they got the yearly bonus.

I am in dilemma now because if i don't sign the contract, the company will treat me as temporary employee and i cannot enjoy the company benefits as well as yearly bonus. If i sign, i will face the compensation situation if within that 3 years i leave the company. We all don't know what will happen in future 3 years even i am quite ok to work with them now.  Please help

1)  Is this fair to me as an employee?

2) Any labour law in malaysia can protect us from this kind of contract? this is because the yearly bonus is not guarentee and i didn't take the money in advance.

3) If i signed the contract and i failed to serve the company for 3 years, Can the company sue me on this?

Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 08:22:03 PM

This is willing buyer willing seller sort of arrangement. You have to give careful consideration and make youy own decision.

This topic is closed