RegisterLog In

URGENT: Resigned, now asked to leave early but short pay salary.

Regina K
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:18:59 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 05:22:32 PM)

I have tendered my resignation on 2 July 2012, hence my official last day is on 1 September 2012. I have also applied for leave on 25, 27-30 August and 1 September at the same time which have been approved as I will be away overseas. Hence my physical last day will be on 24 August. I have balance 6.5 days AL entitlement after deducting the 6 days AL applied.

Later on I've taken AL on 7 and 8 August hence there should be a balance of 4.5 days.

The challenge I am having now:

I have just received a request to leave the company today 14 August, which is earlier than 24 August 2012. I have queried them regarding my salary payment and received a reply stating that they will pay me until 14 August and balance 4.5 days leave.

I feel that I have been shortchanged as my AL for the 6 days 25 Aug - 1 Sept is not accounted for and I have so far abided by my contract of employment to provide notice of my resignation that I should not be 'penalized' for leaving early since it's the management's decision to release me early. Am I right to request a redress of this situation because I will just loose the 6 days AL just like that and only get half month’s salary + 4.5 days AL?

Regina K
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 06:19:39 PM

Have resolved with management. Insisted that I be paid accordingly instead of such arrangement. They agreed.

Case closed. :)

Damien Siew
Administrator
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 05:22:32 PM

Good for you.

This topic is closed