RegisterLog In

Ex-employee refuse to return amount wrongly paid to him

ET
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 02:52:17 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:33:57 PM)

I had a staff which left in June, however due to some error in the payroll, about RM2k was accidentally debited to his account.

He was contacted and agreed to return the money.However......its already close to two months and nothing but empty promises. He kept delaying so i've recently filed a police report to make it official.

May i know what i can do about this matter. The amount is actually not significant so i want to know what are my options and will it be worth the trouble.

Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 03:00:45 PM

In my opinion, there is no need to go to the police. Get a lawyer to wirte to him demanding the return or else will sue in court.

ET
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 03:37:26 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 11 Sep 2012 03:00:45 PM

In my opinion, there is no need to go to the police. Get a lawyer to wirte to him demanding the return or else will sue in court.

Just wanted the police report to scare the bugger.

What kind of lawyer should i get, or any will do.

Any idea the cost of one? as the amount to be obtain is just RM2k, i'm just thinking whether it'll be worthwhile.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:33:57 PM

No harm asking around, isn't it. Any lawyer will do and ask him about cost for writing a letter of demand, whether it is worthwhile. You decide there.

This topic is closed