RegisterLog In

resign 24hrs for health reason

andra ann angel dabbi
Thu, 01 Nov 2012 01:09:27 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 09:26:31 AM)

Dear Mr Siew,

this is not about me at all but i'm asking on behalf of my fiance. it start like this:

He appointed as Supervisor for a food & beverage company in 11 june 2012. As mentioned in his appointment letter, with 3 months probations.

his basic is RM1400 + OT. He asked to sign his confirmation letter 23rd October by his operation manager with a promise that his salary will increase to RM1700 to RM1800, which he did signed it.

after few days later, his operation manager asked him again to sign another letter. what come to my surprise and my fiance's is that it is not an amended confirmation letter as what the operation manager promised him. The letter is refering to "NEW APPOINTMENT LETTER, Commence date of working: November 1st 2012, Basic: RM600 + Points (depends of business profit)".

The management is cheating on him. OMG!!! i just cant belive it. Now my fiance want to resign from the company as he is in deeply depressed by that incident. Just for your information, my fiance salary has been deducted for unnecessary things like whereby the company daily sales went missing when he already off duty. the accountant accused him eventhough they do not have any prove for that. even the cc tv also couldnt confirm whether or not my fiance do such a humiliating things.

he also still have few days of public holidays that he hasnt clear it yet. My question is now... since my fiance sign the new appointment letter, can he resign 24 hrs or still need to tender with 1 month notice? i need the answer URGENT.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 01 Nov 2012 03:08:28 PM

Bring the matter up with the Labour Department. Go there personally and discuss the issues with the officers there. They may be able to help out.

andra ann angel dabbi
Thu, 01 Nov 2012 05:12:37 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 01 Nov 2012 03:08:28 PM

Bring the matter up with the Labour Department. Go there personally and discuss the issues with the officers there. They may be able to help out.

from your point of view with regards to my fiance problem, what will the labour will normally ask us to do?

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 02 Nov 2012 09:26:30 AM

It is quite common in the hotel and catering business to use the points system such as servicie points or tip points as they call it. Employees get very low basis but can earn a lot more with those service points. It may not that bad compared with fixed salary. You fiance  can consult his colleagues about the pros and cons before deciding what to do next, to resign and so on.

This topic is closed