RegisterLog In

cuti gantian Replacement Leave?

nor akmar  
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:42:37 PM

Is a non exec

or exec

or managerial staf , be it contract or confirmed

in a company (Sdn Bhd)

entitled for a Cuti Gantian because was ask to work on a public holiday (1/2/08)

outstation in Tggnu on a friday

Are all 3 entitled for Cuti Gantian CG

Can The Mgmt refused CG because of kepentingan tugas

Can the Mgmt make rules (no circular to that effect) no CG for exec/mngr

or non execs?

Still blurr on this age old prob..Thanks

Norakmar

Unknown
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:42:37 PM

So, you must be working in Wilayah Persekutan and 1 Feb is your public holiday. Secondly I presume Friday is not a rest day of your company.

(1) For those who are covered by the Employment Act, i.e. with salary not more than RM1500, they are entitled substituted holiday for working on rest day (see proviso of Section 60D of the EA below). But in your case, since Friday is not a rest day for the company, they are not entitled to a subsituted holidays. However, they are entitled to extra pay for working on holiday - FT Day.

..Provided that if any of the public holidays referred to in paragraphs (a) and (b) falls on a rest day the working day following immediately the rest day shall be a paid holiday in substitution of that public holiday.; .."

(2) For those who are not covered by the EA,, i.e. with salary over RM1500, the above law does not cover them. As such, they will go according to the regulations and rules of the company on such matter of working on pu

This topic is closed