RegisterLog In

Warning Letter for Pregnant woman

leannee
Fri, 01 Nov 2013 11:34:22 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 03:03:54 PM)

Hi,

I am expecting with 7 months and my edd will be on 26/01/2014. I'm currently in PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) dated 12-Sep-2013. I am Applications System Analyst in the company. I was given 3 objectives in this PIP. According to my manager, I didn't meet the objectives even though I did. She said company might give me a warning letter or termination letter. I just realised there was something wrong with this process. Whatever I tried to give my explanations and my justification, my managers will have something to say and never want to listen. I feel the unfairness and extremely stressful with their treatments. I have a feeling that they want to terminate me before I go for maternity or find excuses to make me leave the company.

What should I do? Can you give me some lights? Really appreciate that. Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 01 Nov 2013 11:58:15 AM

There is nothing much you can do about the assessment but you can do somthing if they terminate your service for whatever reasons. If they terminate your service, you can bring the matter up with the Industrial Relations Department. Meanwhile, just continue working as usual and try to give your best. That's all you can do now and let them take whatever action they want.

leannee
Fri, 01 Nov 2013 02:11:41 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response.

I heard from my friends, a company is not allowed to put a pregnant woman in PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) or even give warning letter. Is that true?

Can I lodge a complaint to MTUC or labour department that I was in PIP programme? Or can I sue my company on discrimination? Please advise. Thanks

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 01 Nov 2013 02:43:17 PM

I don't know that PIP thing and I don't think you should even think of suing. However, if you ever got a sack because of your pregnancy, then I think the law could be on your side. Just give your best meanwhile. Of course, you may consult MTUC or the Labour Department.

leannee
Fri, 01 Nov 2013 03:03:54 PM

Thanks Siew. That's what I have been doing now by doing my best but it doesn't seem working. I have to protect myself and start compiling all the evidences.

Anyway, thanks.

This topic is closed