RegisterLog In

24 Hours notice termination on probation period

UR2ND
Sat, 02 Nov 2013 02:14:58 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 08:42:39 AM)

Hi,

i would like to ask.

i have resigned and giving a 24 hours notice during my probation period (appoinment letter 24 hours notice)

but employer is holding my wages, reason was do not have a proper handover job process. 

(problem is when i resign, my head of department accepted and did not order and inform who should i handover to) 

(and i did handover my job with other department, they hold my wages without informing me until i find out the problem myself)

can i sue them in this case?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 02 Nov 2013 04:46:37 PM

You cannot simply resign without giving a month notice. Even a probationer has to give a month's notice. Otherwise, they can demand a month salary from you. You may consult the Labour Office to get more info.

UR2ND
Sat, 02 Nov 2013 05:25:54 PM

Hi,

thanks for your reply, but my appoinment letter is written that 24 hours notice for my terminal of service during probation period . 

and i am resign during probation period and giving them 24 hours notice. is totally follow appointment letter.

and HR already issue a accept resignation letter to me.for 24 hours notice. if like this case they still can hold my wages? 

if my appoinment letter is written 24 hours notice of terminal service but i still need to give them 1 month notice then what is the point i sign 

for that appoinment letter?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 03 Nov 2013 08:42:38 AM

Oh yes, since it is stated in the appointment letter, you can give 24 hours notice. For unpaid salary, you can go to the Labour Department and make a claim for it.

This topic is closed