RegisterLog In

Salary Deduction for Late Coming In

Sam
Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:14:20 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 05:09:51 PM)

Hi,

I have 2 questions here and hope to clarify with it.

1. In my offer letter, my working hours is 5 working days (Mon to Fri) 9am to 6pm. Since half year ago, my company start enforce the salary deduction scheme for whoever late coming in (based on company's clock in machine), Deduction based on every 30mins scheme. Example: 

if we clock in between 9.01 - 9.30am, 30mins of our salary is deducted. If clock in 9,30am - 10.00am, 1 hour of the salary is deducted.

This is not written in the offer letter and there is no official memo. Is this appropriate? If it's acceptable, should I entitled for OT when I work beyond office hour during company's event?

2. As my offer letter is 5 working days a week. Should we entitle for double paid when I have to work from 9am to 9pm during company's event on Sat & Sun? So far we only entitle for double pay on Sun.

Hope someone can clarify my queries. Many thanks on that!

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 04 Mar 2014 04:12:28 PM

1. Employees are not supposed to come late for work. Coming late is a disciplinary matter and the employees concerned can be subject to disciplinary action. When an employee is required to work overtime beyond normal working should be paid overtime salary.

2. If employees are required to work on off days or rest days should be paid extra accordingly. If the employer failed to do so, the employee can always bring the matter up with the Labour Department.

Sam
Tue, 04 Mar 2014 05:09:51 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 04 Mar 2014 04:12:28 PM

1. Employees are not supposed to come late for work. Coming late is a disciplinary matter and the employees concerned can be subject to disciplinary action. When an employee is required to work overtime beyond normal working should be paid overtime salary.

2. If employees are required to work on off days or rest days should be paid extra accordingly. If the employer failed to do so, the employee can always bring the matter up with the Labour Department.

Thanks Siew for clarified my queries.

This topic is closed