RegisterLog In

Resignation with short notice & annual leave balance

Natalie
Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:05:31 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 08:09:33 AM)

Hi,

Would like to seek your kind advice and comment. FYI, I have tendered my 6 weeks' notice of termination as per my contract of service on 18 September 2014 of which my last day of reporting to the company would be on 29 October 2014. I am planning to serve short notice by paying an indemnity sum to my employer for the remaining unexpired notice period. However, my employer told me that I have to serve full 6 weeks' notice and my annual leave balance will be forfeited following my notice of termination. My contract of service specified that either party may indemnify the other party without waiting the expiry of the notice period but silent on the forfeiture of annual leave balance in the event of termination by either party.

My questions are:-

1. Does my employer have the right to refuse my request to serve short notice by paying indemnity sum to them?

2. Does my employer have the saying on the forfeiture of my annual leave balance to which I may utilise to offset part of my notice period?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Natalie

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 20 Sep 2014 08:09:33 AM

If you are unable to sort out the problem with the company, you can bring the matter up with the Labour Department.

This topic is closed