RegisterLog In

Resignation within Probation Period (Have not sign any offer letter)

aj
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 03:28:20 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:46:28 AM)
Hi, Ive started working early this week and after 5 days I decided to leave a company. Currently, under a probational period. In the draft appointment letter which was emailed to me, stated that either party is to serve 7 days notice or 7 days salary in lieu of such notice during the probabtional period. However, on my 1st day at work they told me that, the apointment letter was not ready because the MD is not around and can only be sign next week, but they inform me I can already start to work for the time being. The question is , can I resign from a company without a notice (immediate effect) should I have not sign any formal contract appointment letter with them?
Iszkandar
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:46:28 AM

AJ, 

Employment Contract has a dual application concept implied and applied. 

Your action of coming to work has already put you into the employment although there is no employment letter issued or accepted by you. therefore the employment stands along with the other terms and conditions of the contract. 

I am in the opinion that you must serve the resignation notice or pay the notice in lieu as you have come and perform your duties during your short period there. 

This topic is closed