RegisterLog In

Claiming overtime for work during Annual Leave and Medical Leave

John
Fri, 26 Dec 2014 12:37:23 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:39:01 AM)

Hello,

Good day to you. I have a few questions regarding overtime for work during Annual Leave and Medical Leave:-

1.) My first staff came into work on a normal day from 8AM until 1PM before she went off after 1PM to take Medical Leave for 1 day. Therefore, is she eligible to claim overtime for the 5 hours of work done? (8AM - 1PM)

2.) A few of my other staff took Annual Leave or Emergency Leave for half day and came into work at 1PM. Therefore, are they also eligible to claim for overtime if they work after 5:30PM onwards?

I hope you can advise on this, will highly appreciate it. Thank You.

Regards,

John

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 26 Dec 2014 01:46:23 PM

It is 'NO' for both questions.

Ar
Sun, 28 Dec 2014 05:14:39 PM
Originally posted by John on Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:39:01 AM

Hello,

Good day to you. I have a few questions regarding overtime for work during Annual Leave and Medical Leave:-

1.) My first staff came into work on a normal day from 8AM until 1PM before she went off after 1PM to take Medical Leave for 1 day. Therefore, is she eligible to claim overtime for the 5 hours of work done? (8AM - 1PM)

2.) A few of my other staff took Annual Leave or Emergency Leave for half day and came into work at 1PM. Therefore, are they also eligible to claim for overtime if they work after 5:30PM onwards?

I hope you can advise on this, will highly appreciate it. Thank You.

Regards,

John

Dear John,

I suggest better you allow them to rest 1 day, then their working result will be efficient. This is what I always done on my staff.

Your staff come back to work during annual leave, you shall add half day annual leave for them.

Sometimes, we are employer and we shall be opened mind with our staff. When I start doing business, my target is to help my nation got a happy lifestyle because I love my country.

I have count all the cost of business and hiring, seek for advice for all the related documents if open a shop, company, stall, tax. I also prepare written procedures of job scope for account division, admin division and the others. I had multitasking experience in the general accounting and admin job. My staff never doubt on the job scope because all are written with image and step by step. Just like mobile manual.Then I analysis my savings, so I choose the perfect one.

This part, I learnt from my ex-employer. I have found out that why the last few years, I can easily adapt the job within 1 weeks and performance  greatly until that I can get increase 25% of my previous salary. Sometimes, I also voluntarily to wash the sink at the pantry without being ordered.

But another one, I have no CLUE where to start and where to end because the company was massive and missing softcopy documents and don't have enough computer to use at that time. So how can I perform my work, definitely, my work become Slow. I told the employer about the issue, the employer scold me with a great volume of voice. From that time, I never said or inform any mistake because I hate being scold as I think whatever you are employer, you shall also respect me as this is a human right.

It means that when we all want to marry and inviting people, are we ordered table at the restaurant, taste the menu, the expenses cost, the wedding planner cost before 2 years or 1 years. Actually, the logic of open company is same with the logic of we preparing wedding invitation.

Just like what kind of religion teach us to do:"Do good, you can live healthy when you are old." I believe this word as I personally see this happen around my people.

Some one doing bad all the time, they are suffering big illness when they are at golden age.

Thank you.

Fazmei Nur M Shah
Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:39:01 AM

1stly, you have to clearly about meaning of OT - work time that beyond from usual work time. As such work time is 8-5, so employees can only claim their OT if they need to standby or settle ad-hoc works coming in. For example they required to standby until 9pm, so they just can claim OT from 5pm - 9 pm (4 hours work) only.

In your 

Q1: If they get an MC for that day, we declared it the whole day is Medical Leave. They can not claim any OT.

Q2: They eligiable to claim OT after 5.30pm bcause of the other halfday is have been deducted from their Annual Leave.

This topic is closed