RegisterLog In

expected to work on weekends

blackgates
Thu, 08 Jan 2015 12:34:20 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 06:23:42 PM)

hello everyone,

I am new here and hope i can get some views or opinions with some matters i am facing. 

Currently I am working in Japanese company and one of my task is customer support. So basically im like a tech support and most of my time I will be on the phone answering and replying to technical inquiries. So when I took up this job, the company told me that my working hours are based on regular working days which is mon-friday, 9am-6pm. So I do not see anything wrong with this.

My problem is that I am also receiving calls during after office hours (after 6pm) and also on weekends (sat and sun). In a way this is out of company policy and something which is legally not correct. But once in awhile i will still answer calls during odd times randomly. Until recently I could not cope anymore esp on weekends when my calls has double the amount i would get on average weekdays because it is interrupting my personal time. Eventually I got complaint from my customer to my boss that im not doing my job and its something they expect me to be there 24/7. 

So my question is is there any labour law that protects me from such cases in cases my company decide to lay me off? Im just preparing myself if such eventuality happens. thanks again for your input and time

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 08 Jan 2015 06:23:42 PM

Since you are in the field of customer support, your services will be required as when when customers require support. If you don't like that type of job, I think you better to start looking for anther type of job. Don't wait for them to terminate your service.

This topic is closed