RegisterLog In

Compensation ?

Ikhyin
Mon, 20 Jul 2015 10:02:43 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 02:37:22 PM)

Hi, 

Scenario :

One of my employee 'quit' by just walking out the office while arguing. She worked about 10 mths. Do we have to pay her compensation? If yes, how much would it be? When should I pay him? If I pay him via online payment without signing payment voucher is that ok? Or better to ask her to come collect? 

She worked up to 13th July 2015. Therefore, 2 weeks salary am I right? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 21 Jul 2015 08:46:45 AM

We are really not sure what had been transpired between both of you. If she walked out, you don't pay anything. She might say she was kicked out and might be taking action against the company. Anyway, write to her about her walking out by not giving any notice and the company would want to claims compensation from her.

Ikhyin
Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:44:11 AM

Oh. Just got the story. 

One Big director and one small director arguing due to this staff misbehavior. Then the small director was helping this staff whereby she did wrong. Big director did mention to small director if she wants to leave this company she can. 

Then the small director asked this staff straight to quit and she walked out with the small director. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 21 Jul 2015 11:12:30 AM

Things look a bit complicated for you isn't it? 

Ikhyin
Tue, 21 Jul 2015 07:38:16 PM

What would u do if you're in this scenario? Need help here .. 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:57:45 AM

I would tell the story to the big boss - the MD and seek his advice.

Ikhyin
Thu, 23 Jul 2015 12:50:01 PM

speaking about it.. this employee never write any notice to company saying that she is quitting whereby in the contract stated one month notice is required. 

so is this letter compulsary? 

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 23 Jul 2015 02:37:22 PM

Then if her salary is not more than RM2000, you can go to the local Labour Department to claim one month salary as compensation from her tfor quitting without giving one month notice.

This topic is closed