RegisterLog In

Regarding notice period for a Probationer

Tan
Wed, 04 Nov 2015 03:26:37 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 04:21:35 PM)

Hi sir or madam,

I need some advice from you. Currently I am working in a company for more than 1 year and I am still under probation. At first, they told me that probation period will be 6 months and extend if needed. But after I work until now, I didn't receive any letter or email of extend my probation period or confirming my probation. In this situation, am I still consider as probationer, right? In my offer letter, it only mention the notice period for permanent staff is 2 months but not for probationer. 

1. I ask my HR regarding the notice period for probationer and they told me that is 2 months. I told them it did not stated in offer letter but then they told me that it was inside company handbook. I didn't received any documents regarding company handbook on the first day I join this company and until now.

In this situation, if I want to resign, is it I no need to give 2 months notice period since I am not getting the information since I join this company?

kindly please advice me on this. I really need help.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 04 Nov 2015 03:34:57 PM

Yes, you still have to give 2 months notice unless there is a different notice period specifically for those under probation.

Tan
Wed, 04 Nov 2015 04:12:49 PM

If the offer letter didn't stated anything regarding how many months notice period to be given of resignation for permanent staff or staff under probation, is it I can leave immediately upon my submission of resignation letter? 

If the notice period stated inside company handbook is 2 months for employee and I didn't received it since the day I join this company, is it I can ignore this?

Looking forward of your reply. Thank you very much.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 04 Nov 2015 04:21:35 PM

If you leave immediately without giving the 2 months notice, they may sue you for 2 months salary for it.

This topic is closed