RegisterLog In

Termination of Poor Attendance & Non Performer

Teoh
Wed, 18 Nov 2015 07:25:18 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:24:06 AM)

I have an employee who join the company June 2015. After 3 months probation, we extend the particular employee for 1 month due to poor attendance whereby he requested lots of unpaid leave. Besides, he is also non performer to us because he is unable to perform the works given to him. Recently, we sit down with him again for his evaluation and inform him that the company will not confirm his position as he is not performing and having poor attendance record. How can we terminate this employee if he choose not to resign?

SuharinKL
Contributor
Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:24:06 AM
Originally posted by Teoh on Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:24:06 AM

I have an employee who join the company June 2015. After 3 months probation, we extend the particular employee for 1 month due to poor attendance whereby he requested lots of unpaid leave. Besides, he is also non performer to us because he is unable to perform the works given to him. Recently, we sit down with him again for his evaluation and inform him that the company will not confirm his position as he is not performing and having poor attendance record. How can we terminate this employee if he choose not to resign?

Hye there,

Allow me to answer your query as follows:-

1) it is my opinion that the Company has fulfilled the prerequisite requirements/ steps in dealing with a probationer/ employee with poor performance as set by our Industrial Court.

2) Briefly, the aforesaid steps would be (1) to give warning (2) to give opportunity to improve.

3) Please dont persuade the employee to resign as it may be regarded by the Industrial Court as forced resignation, worst case if the said employee recorded the conversation or documented the said request by the company vide email, sms etc.

4) As such, to terminate the said employee, it is advisable for the Company to (1) wait until his/her extended probationary period ends, (2) To issue a termination letter but in it, please quote/refer to the performance evaluation done towards the said employee (3)  Please terminate the said employee on the ground of poor performance (4) please follow the termination clause  ie by giving notice period or pay the said employee the in liue of notice period.

Hope the above sufficiently clarify your query.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com

This topic is closed