RegisterLog In

Withhold claim & allowance

Rica
Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:24:21 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 07:43:09 PM)

Hi all,

I worked as a sales rep for a SME company, as usual, we sales rep have to pay for our tolls, parking and any gift items for our customers and then we claim it from our company at the end of the month. I have just recently resigned, and suppose to receive my last month's allowance & claim on 23rd. Other sales rep in my company has received theirs except mine. 

Also, I have not receive my salary after a week from my resignation, is it right for them to hold with the reason still need some time to check (already given a month)?

Winston
Fri, 26 Feb 2016 07:43:09 PM

I have similar case as OP.

I currently working with SME company for 1 year and 9 month. Great year for me until the last 6 month where they stop paying employees claim. They owned me nearly RM 10,000 on the claim. But, we still get the basic salary.

Rumors said, 2 of the bosses misuse the company money but can't be sure. I tried to be patient regarding this, but the company getting worst. Paying salary 2 weeks late, sometime they pay half in the early of the month and another have in the middle of the month. Also, they also stop paying the EPF since November.

I want to tender my resignation, but I am afraid the not paying my claim. Are we as an employees protected under any labor law? What can I say to them before I left the company so that they pay my claim? I don't want to put any bad relation with the company.

This topic is closed