RegisterLog In

New contract to replace the old one

Aidee
Tue, 05 Apr 2016 03:33:06 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 04:17:40 PM)

The new HR head who has just recently filled in the position has introduced a new appointment letter with different provisions. We were then asked to sign it. (The salary, allowances and basic duty and responsibilities etc remain unchanged seemingly except for things like notice period- back then it was 2-month notice now it has become 1 month)

My question is, does she has the right to do so? Creating a new appointment letter and ask us to sign it? Please enlighten! 

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 05 Apr 2016 03:59:47 PM

We usually come across protests from employees  about employers lenthening the notice period(like from one month notice to three months) making it more difficult for them when they want to take up new jobs elsewhere. In your case, it looks like quite bucking the trend. Are all of you sure you don't like it? Anyway, if you think it is unfavourable to you, you can of course object to it and bring the matter up with the management.

Aidee
Tue, 05 Apr 2016 04:17:40 PM

Yes I personally have no problem with it but I'm curious as to whether she has the right to do so from a legal perspective. Thank you anyway for your prompt reply.  :)

This topic is closed