RegisterLog In

early termination and payment

sand
Mon, 06 Mar 2017 08:54:08 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 11:57:07 AM)

Hi everyone,

My situation is somewhat complicated...

I was approached by a local company as they needed help with their marketing. I clearly stated my situation - I'm a foreigner and I need visa sponsorship. They got back to me after contacting their lawyer and asked me if I could start working while they were applying for a visa. 

I trusted them so I started working for them. 

6 months later, after I pressured them, they finally applied for my visa. I found out when I came back from holiday in January, that it got rejected and so our arrangement would come to an end by the end of the month - so they gave me 3 weeks notice. 

To summarize my situation and issue: 
- I was working for 7 months without a working visa,
- I signed a contract with them which clearly states they should give me 2 months notice but they gave me 3 weeks notice instead,
- They apportioned my salary by 26 days in January and included my telephone allowances (so they also apportioned the telephone allowances....) - I don't understand where this apportion comes from?!
- They still owe me my January expense claims (travels I had to undertake for the company)

And they are now refusing to communicate with me (and pay me). 

Given my situation, what can I do? 

Thanks for your help

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 06 Mar 2017 11:57:07 AM

You can bring the matter up with the Labour Department and let them look into the matter. Go there in person.

This topic is closed