RegisterLog In

Supervisor delaying my release, new company willing to buyout

Jamesbond007
Thu, 11 May 2017 04:41:09 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 14 May 2017 08:28:07 AM)

I tendered my resignation with 3 months notice.

My new company willing to buy me out with immediate effect, but my supervisor is delaying the whole process.

HR is aware that I'm leaving and already given them the date but still need my supervisor advice on my last day and my supervisor keep delaying this discussion. Please advice.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 11 May 2017 05:57:36 PM

You can pay up front from your own pocket three months indemnity and go, that's all and hope you will get your money back when you joined the company.

Jamesbond007
Thu, 11 May 2017 06:26:38 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Thu, 11 May 2017 05:57:36 PM

You can pay up front from your own pocket three months indemnity and go, that's all and hope you will get your money back when you joined the company.

New company need a receipt from old HR to pay back.Old company HR can't issue receipt/statement without agreement from supervisor.Can my current supervisor has the right to hold me since my new company willing to buy out?What should I tell my current HR. Because this delay is affecting my relationship with new company
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 12 May 2017 08:05:04 AM

You just pay up and go, that's all.

khanwooi
Fri, 12 May 2017 11:30:43 AM

hi jamesbond007

we have same case, here, 

we can pay the money to the management but the NEW company say buy out need a receipt letter from current company to process the claim, 

when we are in the situation paying the money to management which mean there is confirm heat happen, and we have to laeve with force and there might no RECEIPT/letter

there is possibilities we cannot get the claim and lose the money.

just to share with you my situation here.

headache 

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 12 May 2017 11:39:11 AM

There is no guarantee the company will issue receipt and there is always a risk whether the new company will reimburse what you have paid or not.

Jamesbond007
Fri, 12 May 2017 11:45:06 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 12 May 2017 11:39:11 AM

There is no guarantee the company will issue receipt and there is always a risk whether the new company will reimburse what you have paid or not.

For my case, new company HR need a receipt/statement for the buyout amount, they told me they also need approval from management upon receiving the receipt. So im stuck for not getting the receipt in advance from Old HR and if i pay first without approval from New company. Im risking not getting paid in the end.
KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 14 May 2017 08:28:07 AM

It looks like you cannot do much about it. If you want the job, you have little choice but to pay up yourself first.

You can only hope the company will give you a receipt and hope the new company will reimburse you without receipt. Even you got the receipt, management, as HR said, still need to approve and they may not.

This topic is closed