RegisterLog In

Employer asked to find another job - still in probation period for 1 month

IQJ
Thu, 02 Nov 2017 09:54:37 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 08:41:22 PM)
Hi, I was advised by employer to seek a different job after 1 month of working. It is based on performance review of just 1 month into my probation period. I was informed verbally that I'm not suitable with the job and field. It is the only notice they have given me though I did ask for more time to perform since my probation period is 3 month, however the boss is rather reluctant and still advise to seek a different job within 2 week. What do you guys would advise me to do since this is my first experience facing this. It is my second job by the way after relocating with my family
KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 03 Nov 2017 12:36:02 AM

What is the period notice for termination of service as stated in the appointment letter?

IQJ
Fri, 03 Nov 2017 02:50:29 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 03 Nov 2017 12:36:02 AM

What is the period notice for termination of service as stated in the appointment letter?

Hi KL Siew, I'm quoting from my appointment letter

"        PROBATION PERIOD

1.1       3 months from date of commencement of service during which period                      either party may terminate the employment with 1 week of notice or salary              in lieu.We reserve the right to extend the probation period for a further 3                  months.

1.2       Upon satisfactory completion of the probationary period, your service will                be confirmed in writing.                                                                                 "

So, would this mean they haven't done anything wrong then? The way they express the intention does seem a bit forceful though.

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 03 Nov 2017 08:41:22 PM

If you feel that way, don't resign even if he asks you to. Let him do the sacking if he wants so that you have the chance to bring the matter up with the Labour Department or the Industrial Relations Department.

This topic is closed