RegisterLog In

change job role during notice period

steelseries369
Sat, 11 Nov 2017 02:22:11 AM  (Last updated: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 03:27:42 PM)

Hi I would like to know if employer are allow to change our job role to force us to work on different task from ones stated in job description.

I’m currently serving a 2 month notice period (termination from employer).

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 11 Nov 2017 05:54:26 PM

Since your service has been terminated with 2 months notice, I think you should personally go to the Industrial Relations Department and discuss your case with the officer there and get some official advice.

steelseries369
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 02:27:19 AM

Hi KL Siew, 

regarding previous case, are employer allowed to terminate my employment immediately if I disagree to do the extra workload (contract specifically stated my designated work/job scope, extra work not included)

Does this amount to unfair dismissal?

Also note that all this happened during termination notice period (also management staff directly said / threatened to do that if I did not comply to their demand)

thank you very much, I am really in desperate need for help now.

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 03:27:42 PM

The main point is your service has been terminated by the employer and if you think that is an unfair dismissal, you can go to the Industrial Relations Department and make a claim for reinstatement to get back your job. You must make the complaint within 60 days from the date of termination.

This topic is closed