RegisterLog In

Revision of notice period before probation

ReginaL
Mon, 20 Nov 2017 03:01:18 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 11:18:25 PM)

Hi,

I would like to know :

1. is it legal that company revises the resignation period from 1 month to 1 week by giving a normal notice letter to everyone?

2. Can the company terminates a staff during probation and pay the staff 1 week salary (due to revision as above stated) instead of 1 month salary (as stated in offer letter)?

My colleague get terminated last week during probation, they paid her 1 month salary(1 month notice as stated in offer letter) and allow her to resign 24 hours. They revised the notice period from 1 month to 1 week after terminated my colleague, and distribute a black and white notice to everyone. I am yet to receive the black and white because I am away from Malaysia, and they say would like to talk to me about the probation matter as well, so I would like to know if i tender resignation before receiving the notice period revision letter, my notice period still remains 1 month as stated in the offer letter?

Thanks a lot.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 20 Nov 2017 11:18:24 PM

I don't think it is illegal. The shorter notice applies to both employer and employee. In fact, some employees would like to have shorter notice period because it will quicker for them to quit if not happy working with the company.

This topic is closed