RegisterLog In

Contract Worker

chloe
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 03:32:39 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 08:48:33 AM)

Hi,

I had already review all the related topic regard to contract worker, but there still don't have a clearly answer.

May I know contract worker entitle for Annual Leave and Sick leave or not? If company not willing to provide them and list in the contract stated they not entitle to AL and SL, explain to the worker and two party also understand and agree with that, so it's under legal right?

May I know contract worker is it cover by labour law? Because some of them just service to the company just 3,4,5 months only.

Thank you.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 08:48:33 AM

When you enter into a contract of service, fixed term contract or otherwise, the first thing you should do is to negotiate for the terms and conditions like, salary, working hours, benefits annual leave, sick leave, rest days, holidays etc etc. With that the contract is in fact the law which you can enforce it in court. Only when there is no mention of any benefits in the contract or there are disputes about the terms and conditions you will fall back on the statue law like th Employment Act.

In short, terms and conditions must first be agreed up by both parties. You should not just  say OK when the employer makes an offer only saying your job is xxx and your salary is xxx. You should ask what about working hours, rest day, leave, sick leave etc etc.

This topic is closed