RegisterLog In

Should HR warn Employee for Ignoring or Not Responding To Superior Message

PMTJOJO
Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:50:14 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:17:22 AM)

Hello,

I just receive a query from my Operation Manager asking, if employee doesn't reply or ignoring his/her message, should we issue a warning letter to the employee?

Please advise.

Jojo

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 20 Jul 2018 08:41:13 AM

Call both parties up and have a discussion to find what had actually happened before taking action.

PMTJOJO
Fri, 20 Jul 2018 11:50:08 AM

Dear KL Siew,

Thank you for your advise.

bosco50050
Sun, 22 Jul 2018 11:05:00 PM

Jojo,

I saw your question and wish to offer some perspective on the situation. My comments:-

1. There is simply too little details to really properly advise on the situation.

2. The Operations Manager to be effective in managing a team cannot afford employees ignoring or not obeying instructions. This will undermine the performance of the unit.

3. There must be a reason why the employee is behaving in such a way.

4. So the problem has to be analyzed. Is it only this employee or is it rampant through the unit.

5. You got to do some investigating. Talk to the Operations Manager. Talk to the employee also. Talk to them separately. Narrow down and really find out the issue. Talk to others and find out what's happening.

Once you ascertain the problem you will know what to do. If the employee continues to ignore or does not reply to the Manager's instructions how will the company effectively carry out its business? On the other hand, if the Operations Manager is doing things to undermine his authority then you will have to fix it at the Manager's side. This will need to be fixed or sooner or later you will have chaos.

PMTJOJO
Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:17:22 AM

Dear W G Gomez,

Thanks for your advise.

Yes. I felt it too. Currently I'm checking with the Operation Manager for the staff's details. 

But I felt like she's going to keep it secret from me. I will try to pay a visit on her department soon. 

Thank you so much.

This topic is closed