RegisterLog In

Resignation Notice

Joey  
Mon, 01 Dec 2008 02:15:57 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 03:17:07 PM)

I have been working with XXX company for almost 5 months. This is a small fabrication company that has been established for about 4 years plus. Due to management and company environment problems and issues, I offered a verbal request to resign. However, my boss persuaded me to stay. That was after my third month of working. Now, after 5 months of work, I seriusly want to resign with immediate effect. When I was offered the offer letter, (in my signed offer letter) it mentioned that I only need one day notice for workers that are yet to be confirmed. However, one month after I started working, a memo came out and said that workers under probation need to give one week notice. In my interview however, I was told that I need to give one month notice (verbally) for probationary workers. Do enlighten me on this, how many days in advance should my resignation notice be? And, if I give immediate notice, how much should I compensate? One day's pay? Or one week, or one month? Considering if I am to pay one week's compensation, and I have a 5-day working week, does that mean that I have to pay for 5 day's salary or 7 day's salary?

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 01 Dec 2008 03:17:07 PM

If the offer letter clearly stated the notice period to be one day, then you may follow the notice period there.

This topic is closed