RegisterLog In

Resignation during Probation

Ain
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:11:10 AM  (Last updated: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 03:53:40 PM)

I am already in 1 month probation since September 8 with my current company.

However, I submitted a tender of resignation on September 19 to leave the company by September 30, because the Public Service Commission (SPA) and/or Talent Acceleration in Public Service (TAPS) called for me to report for duty to the Government and serve my bond with the Government.

I have 6 years bond with the Government since I was under their scholarship program during my undergraduate studies.

In my contract agreement signed with my current company there's nothing stated about termination during probation except for this below:

Either party may terminate this contract of service in writing for every 12 months of Continuous Complete Service.

1. Am I still entitled to receive my salary in full amount?

2. Do my current employer has the right to deny my tender of resignation?

3. Do I need to pay indemnity?

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 03:53:40 PM

First, go and talk to the HR department people by showing them SPA;s letter calling you to report for duty. Try to sort of the questions you are not sure about see what they say.

You did not say what was the notice period you have to serve. The notice given by you does not seem to be adequate. You may have to pay compensation based on the notice period stated in your appointment letter.

This topic is closed