RegisterLog In

Convert from permanent employee to contract employee

Fuji
Sun, 30 Sep 2018 11:34:20 AM  (Last updated: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 12:43:40 PM)

1. Can my company convert all sales employee from permanent staff to contract staff with all benefits remain the same just the type of employment changes only. 

2. How to decrease the salary for 1 of my employee. She have many disciplinary problems in the past and we have sent many warning letters and show cause letter to her previously. Can we deduct the salary ? 

Thank you

SuharinKL
Contributor
Sun, 30 Sep 2018 12:43:40 PM
Originally posted by Fuji on Sun, 30 Sep 2018 12:43:40 PM

1. Can my company convert all sales employee from permanent staff to contract staff with all benefits remain the same just the type of employment changes only. 

2. How to decrease the salary for 1 of my employee. She have many disciplinary problems in the past and we have sent many warning letters and show cause letter to her previously. Can we deduct the salary ? 

Thank you

Hai there, 

Any unilateral changes to the terms and conditions of the employment contract may be regarded as fundamental breach of the employment contract. As such, the employee may raise the issue of constructive dismissal agaisnt the Company.

However, if the changes are mutually agreed by the employees, it should not be a problem.

Regards,

suharinsulaiman@gmail.com

This topic is closed