RegisterLog In

Under Performance Improvement Plan(PIP) and I want to resign early but the offer letter mentioned 3 months resignation notice period.

sam
Sat, 02 Mar 2019 12:11:04 PM  (Last updated: Sat, 02 Mar 2019 09:31:00 PM)

Hi I'm currently under Performance Improvement Plan(PIP). Can I give early resignation letter notice (24 hrs/ 1 week) even though my offer letter mentioned 3 months resignation notice period. Do I have to pay compasionate or will face any labour sue?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 02 Mar 2019 12:22:50 PM

Yes, you still have to give 3 months notice. However, you can go and discuss with your HR department about your problems in having to go through the PIP and see whether they are willing to accept short notice period without you having to pay compensation.

sam
Sat, 02 Mar 2019 12:44:07 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Sat, 02 Mar 2019 12:22:50 PM

Yes, you still have to give 3 months notice. However, you can go and discuss with your HR department about your problems in having to go through the PIP and see whether they are willing to accept short notice period without you having to pay compensation.

Okay one more question lets say i give 3 months notice resgination letter can the employer ask me to leave immediately or anytime in between the 3 months since I'm under PIP.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 02 Mar 2019 03:58:59 PM

If you gave 3 months notice and the employer asked you to leave immediately he would have to pay you up to the last day of the notice, provided you did not commit any misconduct during the period of notice.

sam
Sat, 02 Mar 2019 09:31:00 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Sat, 02 Mar 2019 03:58:59 PM

If you gave 3 months notice and the employer asked you to leave immediately he would have to pay you up to the last day of the notice, provided you did not commit any misconduct during the period of notice.

Thank you for clearing my doubt.

This topic is closed