RegisterLog In

Resignation and Early Release

Maha
Fri, 05 Apr 2019 03:49:57 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 01:23:17 PM)

Hi all,

Need an advise from you all for issue below.

I have tendered my resignation letter on 2nd April and resignation period will be 2 months. But the new company need me urgently and willing to buyout and asked me to join on 22nd April. So this means my last day in my current company will be on 19th April.

The issue is, my team lead did not want to release me on 19th but ask me to serve 1.5 months. Her reason is, HOD does not approve my resignation since it is a short notice (within 2 weeks) and this will affect the daily operations in the team.

I’m really clueless with their approach and seek a proper advise here what I shall do for this issue. I got a good offer from my new company which i need to grab.

Please advise

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 05 Apr 2019 07:25:33 PM

If you really have no choice, on 19 April, your last day, you give the company a cheque equivalent to the amout of salary from 20 April up to 1 June , the last day of your two months notice and leave. The amount is for indemnity in lieu of the period of short notice.

Maha
Sat, 06 Apr 2019 05:39:20 PM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Fri, 05 Apr 2019 07:25:33 PM

If you really have no choice, on 19 April, your last day, you give the company a cheque equivalent to the amout of salary from 20 April up to 1 June , the last day of your two months notice and leave. The amount is for indemnity in lieu of the period of short notice.

Hi,

If I do so, will my salary from 1st April to 19th April will be paid?

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 07 Apr 2019 01:23:17 PM

I don't know, you may have wait and see whether you get it or not. If they don't pay, you can go to the Labour Department and lodge a complaint against the employer. 

This topic is closed