RegisterLog In

Resignation rights of the employee

Mari
Fri, 05 Apr 2019 05:01:23 PM  (Last updated: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 07:07:35 PM)

Dear Sir/Madam, 

Good day. I’m Marie from the Philippines, i am currently in Johor Bahru and working as a beauty therapist at a spa here for 3 years and 4 months now. I have tendered my resignation last Feb 28, 2019. Stated there that i would continue to work until March 31, 2019. They have accepted my resignation verbally (did not accept acknowledgement letter from them) and I even paid 5k RM cash on March 4 for my work permit, that they said i need to pay. I have asked for a receipt but they did’nt give me anything. I have not even receive my March salary yet that i’m supposed to receive April 1, 2019. Until today i don’t get any notice or explanation why is that so. And even though i have given my resignation letter, i’m still working at the spa. I want to know my rights and what i can do in a proper way. Can i leave my job now and stop working and leave my bosses house and stay in another place while waiting for my employment pass to be cancelled? Will i be accused of running away? Will it post any problem? I hope i can get an answer about this. I totally appreciate it. Thank you. 

Sincerely,

Marie

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 05 Apr 2019 07:07:35 PM

Looks like a complicated case. Why not you pay a visit to the JB Labour Department and discuss the issue with the officer there with more details and see what advice you can get.

This topic is closed