RegisterLog In

Bond contract aggrement

Aiman
Tue, 16 Jul 2019 07:57:55 PM  (Last updated: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 09:14:53 AM)

Hi, 

My manager asked me to take a training course and exam. The training cost about RM7k++, but before I attend the course training my office does not give me any letter about the bond contract. After 8 months from date training, I want to resign and move to another company, my boss give me a bond letter and they said I have a contract about 24 months for training and exam. On that letter, there is no signature of mine because before I attended the training, I don't get any bond letter.

My question;

1. If I don't sign the bond letter, is my company can sue me after I resign?

2. I think a little bit strange because most of training bond best practice basically about 6 to 12 months. But mine, I get a bond letter for about 24 months. It is worth? or is there any article that can provide the calculation cost based on years to bond?

p/s: they give me the bond letter after I said I want to resign.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:02:02 AM

You may have a polint there, you did not sign and did not know anything about the bond. Since you have not yet put in your resignation, you have to decide what to do next.

mdkamil
Contributor
Wed, 17 Jul 2019 03:08:47 PM

Looks like your employer is trying to be unfair to you.

Employees must be made known by the Employer about the policy on employment bonding. As for example in my previous company, we are informed about type of training that will include employment bonding. Period of the bonding normally depends on the costs of the training. 

Bonding Agreement too must be agreed and signed by both parties once the employee accept the offer to attend the training (i.e. before the employee attend the training).

In your case, if you have not sign the agreement you may challenge that there is no Bonding Agreement between you and the company. Thus, the bonding terms are invalid upon you.

You may also want to consult a lawyer who is well verse on law of contract.

Gon
Contributor
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 09:14:53 AM

It wont be valid without you signature on the bond. You can ignore it.

This topic is closed