RegisterLog In

Company Closed and the compensation

JJ_91
Thu, 18 Jul 2019 11:04:23 AM  (Last updated: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 08:43:33 AM)

My company will be closing 3 months later . And I am being arranged to leave 2 months later. 
All of the employees only get 1 month compensation or non (mostly wages above 2K)? And the management said that they could have give no compensation with their early notice, is it true? 

I worked about 4 years in this company. Shouldn't I get the compensation as below?

(a) ten days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of service with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for a period of less than two years; or

(b) fifteen days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of serviced with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for two years or more but less than five years; or

(c) twenty days’ wages for every year of employment under a continuous contract of service with the employer if he has been employed by that employer for five year or more,

KL Siew
Administrator
Sat, 20 Jul 2019 08:43:33 AM

Although you are not coved by the Employmet Act, you still can try to negotiate with your company about compensation. You can use what you have stated as a basis for compensation.

2. By the time you have received the termination letter in two months time, you can bring the matter up with the Industrial Relations Department..

This topic is closed