RegisterLog In


Tue, 13 Aug 2019 12:15:49 PM  (Last updated: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 01:22:48 PM)

Hi Everyone, 

I'm currently working in a childcare center that runs for 2 years now. 

I personally have a diploma & degree in Early Childhood from England and been working in this line for the past 7 years coming to 8 years. I'm attached with this childcare for a year and my working hours are 8:00 am- 3:30 pm (considering half-day) and they are paying me RM2500 and I'm the vice-principal of the school.

After 3 months of joining, I've realized how weird they are paying the workers and some workers left because of low income and long hour of work. I realized that a normal class teacher have higher pay than me and they even get increment after their confirmation. How can one normal teacher have higher pay than a principal in school? 

Anyway, I am working more than I should, working overtime without getting extra pay and just constantly working more than i should and yet don't get extra pay. So i'm wondering, can we complain this to the labour law or what i can do about this? Thanks 

KL Siew
Tue, 13 Aug 2019 01:22:48 PM

This is not a case for complaint to the Labour Department. You have to fight for a better deal. With your qualification and working experience, why not you set up your own child care center?

  This topic is closed