RegisterLog In

Office Dating

Hoong Lit
Thu, 29 Aug 2019 12:29:28 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 03:34:34 PM)

Hi Sir our company now a lots of couple since my boss already fed up and the employee say which company not allow staff dating. May I know it’s have this rules ? 

mdkamil
Contributor
Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:18:30 PM

No rules to stop a relations (courting, dating etc) among employees. However, such relations shall not in any manner affect their work performance, or escalate into some sort of misconduct in office (indecent behaviour etc).

Hoong Lit
Mon, 23 Sep 2019 10:15:08 AM
Originally posted by mdkamil on Tue, 17 Sep 2019 08:18:30 PM

No rules to stop a relations (courting, dating etc) among employees. However, such relations shall not in any manner affect their work performance, or escalate into some sort of misconduct in office (indecent behaviour etc).

Tq Sir, 1 more things if our staff drunk and come to work and wrongly receive payment. What is the company rule should be give to that staff it’s verbal warning ?

mdkamil
Contributor
Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:41:08 PM
Originally posted by Hoong Lit on Mon, 23 Sep 2019 10:15:08 AM

Tq Sir, 1 more things if our staff drunk and come to work and wrongly receive payment. What is the company rule should be give to that staff it’s verbal warning ?

Being intoxicated at work is usually a serious misconduct that warrants a severe punishment.

Negligence (ie wrongly receive payment) even in sober state is also a misconduct.

In your case it looks like the employee committed two serious offences (drunk & negligence).

Righfully you need to investigate the matter to establish a prima facie case against the employee. If you have strong evidences and can proof that the employee is wrong, you need to issue a Show Cause Letter to give him/her a chance to reply & explain. If his/her explanation is not acceptable, you can proceed with a Domestic Inquiry. 

Hoong Lit
Sat, 28 Sep 2019 01:33:01 PM
Originally posted by mdkamil on Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:41:08 PM

Being intoxicated at work is usually a serious misconduct that warrants a severe punishment.

Negligence (ie wrongly receive payment) even in sober state is also a misconduct.

In your case it looks like the employee committed two serious offences (drunk & negligence).

Righfully you need to investigate the matter to establish a prima facie case against the employee. If you have strong evidences and can proof that the employee is wrong, you need to issue a Show Cause Letter to give him/her a chance to reply & explain. If his/her explanation is not acceptable, you can proceed with a Domestic Inquiry. 

I have checked my EPF started from last year 2018 dicember deducted 2 times and this year 2019 start from January till March and April I didn’t get it but for the month of May I get back as usual and till July my epf deducted 2 times again. May I know EPF procureder it’s will deducted in every month let’s say April will deduct from May... no such things it’s 

mdkamil
Contributor
Mon, 30 Sep 2019 03:34:34 PM
Originally posted by Hoong Lit on Sat, 28 Sep 2019 01:33:01 PM

I have checked my EPF started from last year 2018 dicember deducted 2 times and this year 2019 start from January till March and April I didn’t get it but for the month of May I get back as usual and till July my epf deducted 2 times again. May I know EPF procureder it’s will deducted in every month let’s say April will deduct from May... no such things it’s 

You are posting different subject in one topic. It is better to post a new topic in the appropriate segments provided by the Administrator. This will help others to easily refer to any specific subject if they have similar inquiry.

With regards to your inquiry about EPF, the employer is required to pay the contributions to EPF not later than 15th of the immediately proceeding month.

For example for salary September 2019, EPF and SOCSO contributions must be paid to EPF before 15/10/2019. EPF will impose penalty fees to employers who pay the contributions after the due date.

In your case, I assume your employer always pay the contributions late. The important thing on your part is to always check your EPF statement to make sure that even though they pay to EPF late the contributions for every month is in your statement.