RegisterLog In

DI and Termination

Gangbeast
Sat, 28 Sep 2019 07:10:43 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 04:03:26 PM)

was suspended for two weeks and sent to DI after stock loss and during the DI they accused me on misconduct by cancelling bill and took the money.

On my defence I told them no one ever brief me about the SOP on bill cancellation and no shortage ever occur when I bank in the total cash sales money. Finally they penalised me on the last bill I cancelled and I acknowledged that with my defence statement.

Now after 2 weeks, they wanted to terminate me and refused to pay my salary. Which i didnt sign the termination letter. On top of that, they wanted to penalised me on every bill cancellation made by my ID and not as per DI. They even asked me to pay for it. Is it legal to do so? They cant provide me the proof of thier accusations. Can i fight for unfair dismissal as my repo is at stake?

Now my concern is, according to the offer letter, any unjustified stock loss and cash shortage will be borne by me at the discretion of the company and the company reserve the right to use any amount due to me to offset the said outstanding amount. Meaning, the company can simply penalised me on whatever amount without solid evidence? Can i fight on this?

mdkamil
Contributor
Mon, 30 Sep 2019 04:03:26 PM
Originally posted by Gangbeast on Mon, 30 Sep 2019 04:03:26 PM

was suspended for two weeks and sent to DI after stock loss and during the DI they accused me on misconduct by cancelling bill and took the money.

On my defence I told them no one ever brief me about the SOP on bill cancellation and no shortage ever occur when I bank in the total cash sales money. Finally they penalised me on the last bill I cancelled and I acknowledged that with my defence statement.

Now after 2 weeks, they wanted to terminate me and refused to pay my salary. Which i didnt sign the termination letter. On top of that, they wanted to penalised me on every bill cancellation made by my ID and not as per DI. They even asked me to pay for it. Is it legal to do so? They cant provide me the proof of thier accusations. Can i fight for unfair dismissal as my repo is at stake?

Now my concern is, according to the offer letter, any unjustified stock loss and cash shortage will be borne by me at the discretion of the company and the company reserve the right to use any amount due to me to offset the said outstanding amount. Meaning, the company can simply penalised me on whatever amount without solid evidence? Can i fight on this?

1) Do you know what is the DI panel's findings on your case? Do they find you guilty or not guilty?

2) If the finding was guilty, did the management inform you the type of penalty the want to take against you? (Or do you mean that the termination is the penalty on you?)

If they terminate you based on the DI panel's finding, and you believe it is unfair dismissal, you can file a case for reinstatement at the Industrial Relations Department.

This topic is closed