RegisterLog In

Sudden change of work hours, different than contract

freeluu
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 11:54:58 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 04:05:25 PM)
Hi, i am currently work as contract staff in a company. The contract is -yearly renew, -fix salary,-work in rotate shift-work schedule agree by both party a week ahead-and stated not more than 48 work hrs.-resign for confirm staff, notice 2 monthsLately supervisor have message in WhatsApp, immediate take effect, compulsory to work 12hrs a day 5 working days a week which is 60hrs in total. Since company have no OT the extra work hr will compensate with day off in lieu.Is this consider void of contract? What should i do? Do i still need to serve 2 months notice? Need assist badly, kindly advise. Thanks you in advance. TQVM
KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 12:41:20 PM

If you are covered by the Employment Act, which means your salary is not more than RM2000, the terms and conditions as you mentioned should be void. If you are not covered by the Employment Act, may hot be so.

freeluu
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 01:59:34 PM
Hi, thank you for reply. Salary more than 2000. Is there anything i can do?
KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 03:57:23 PM

You still negotiate for payment of overtime instead of leave replacement. If you want to resign you still have to give 2 months notice. If you really don't like the place, you may as well start looking for new opportunities elsewhere.

freeluu
Mon, 14 Oct 2019 04:05:25 PM
Thank you for your reply, and advise. Thank you very much

This topic is closed