RegisterLog In

Travel Claim

Darryllohxp
Tue, 15 Oct 2019 11:00:38 AM  (Last updated: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 12:44:41 PM)

Good day, 

I would like to ask, it is a mandatory requirement for employer to pay travel allowance (transport, meal, accomodation) for requesting the employee travelling to overseas for work related matter?

For my case, i have been ask to travel to china for about 7 days working trip. I have been ask to settle my own visa and buy my own flight ticket for pay and claim. Subsequently nothing mention about the claim for meal or per diem. There isnt any such matter lsited in the handbook too.

If it is mandatory, can i know which clause i need to refer to?

KL Siew
Administrator
Tue, 15 Oct 2019 01:22:55 PM

There is no law to say employers must for transport, meal and so on. But in you case, you have pay for all expenses is quite unusual. What is working trip, was it required to do by your company for their business?

Darryllohxp
Fri, 08 Nov 2019 09:38:37 AM
Originally posted by KL Siew on Tue, 15 Oct 2019 01:22:55 PM

There is no law to say employers must for transport, meal and so on. But in you case, you have pay for all expenses is quite unusual. What is working trip, was it required to do by your company for their business?

going to china for training on new project before brought back the project to run in malaysia

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 08 Nov 2019 12:44:41 PM

As I said earlier, there is no law requiring employer to pay claims as mentioned by you. I think you should have all these properly sorted out first before you make any trip for the company in future.