RegisterLog In

Accept the job in another state or resign - during a re-org. I declined, asked to leave immediately

AS
Tue, 18 Feb 2020 05:19:13 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 05:45:34 PM)

HI,
Just wondering, few years ago I was asked to resigned from a multinational company I workd for 15 years. It happened when the department I worked in KL ceased operation and I was given a job in another state during the re-org which I declined. I wanted to negotiate for either a position with other department here in kL or at least a redundancy. I was asked to leave immediately (I did not even tender my resignation), and they sent me an email (after that), of prove I have worked for them and that I had 'resigned'.
I do not know if this is unfair dismissal or is that legal? During the re-org they did mentioned if anyone do not accept the position given during re-org, the person have to resign.

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 19 Feb 2020 05:45:34 PM

What you can do now is to go to the Industrial Relations Department and discuss the issue with the officer there. see whether you can make a claim for wrongful dismissal   under section 20 of the IR Act for reinstatement

This topic is closed