RegisterLog In

Buy Out and Early Release

lingxzxz
Tue, 03 Mar 2020 10:06:22 PM  (Last updated: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 03:52:16 PM)

Hi,

i have tendered my resignation letter on 26th Feb 2020, and my last day of working with this company is 26th April 2020 by serving 2 months notice. In my Employment Contract, i have to serve 2 months notice or pay 2 months salary in lieu of notice.

My new company want to buy my out for about 1 month (start work on 1 April 2020) and willing to pay for the compensation.

I have gotten verbal confirmation from my manager that she is ok with this buyout, then later on as she said she got consult from our HR, she has the right to reject the buy out option even i pay for the compensation. 

1. Is it true that she has the right to reject the buy out option ? but according to my Employment Contract, there is no mention it is upon management's discretion to say whether to approve or reject to serve short notice and some more willing to pay back the 1 month notice salary.

2. i have unitilized Annual Leave, as first she said she will reimbursement me back all the leave salary and asked me to work till 31 March 2020. And, i told i would like take 3 days leave before i start new job. She then said she has the right to reject my leave and would not allow me to early go off. Is it right also for her action?

Thank you so much.

Lingxzxz 

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 04 Mar 2020 03:52:16 PM

1. You must give 2 months written notice first. After working for the first month of the notice, you can leave by paying the company a month salary as indemnity for the second month short notice.

2. If you have leave balance, you apply to take now. If they refuse to grant your leave, they will have to pay for it.

This topic is closed