RegisterLog In

Following Up on Double Whammy - Pay Cut & No Pay Leave

MJane
Mon, 06 Apr 2020 08:40:49 PM  (Last updated: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 05:23:34 PM)

Hi Siew,

With reference to my earlier query (referencing to double whammy query dated 1 Apr 2020) if I do not agree to such double whammy measures by my employer and decide to resign, they need to comply to my original employment contract and to pay me full pay during my period of serving notice and they cannot short pay me to follow their announcement which I did not consent, am I right? 

Thanks!

kyt12
Sun, 12 Apr 2020 05:23:34 PM

Hi MJane, 

It depends on your salary bracket and maybe, your employment contract. If you are below RM2k, you are covered by Employment Act and hence, they can't enforce the double whammy on you.

If you are above RM2k, you need to refer to your employment contract to see if there's any contractual clause. Having said that, even if there is such contractual clause, it will be extremely hard for the employer to enforce, especially with regards to annual leaves.

In short, you don't have to agree to anything in absence of the above. Hope this helps. (Anyway this is just the short version and the long version depends on multiple factors). Do check with labour department or seek legal advice if necessary. 

This topic is closed