RegisterLog In

ABSENT WITHOUT NOTICE - REPEATED OFFENCE

YEOH  
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:19:12 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:05:30 AM)

Dear Mr. Siew,

We have issue written warning to one of the staff in Jan'2009 for many occation of absent without notice - sometimes 1 days, sometimes 2 days.

He repeated such offence again 4 times (from March - April), can we issue 2nd warning letter to him WITHOUT issue show cause letter for him to explain.

Awaits your reply. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yeoh

KL Siew
Administrator
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:38:07 AM

Be more serious. Warning him that he can be sacked should he absent himself without leave again.

chew
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:39:50 PM

hi Yeoh, Try to avoid "First", "Second" or "Final" warning letter. You will be challengenced.

I advice is to give stern warning letter to replace your 1st, 2nd or 3rd warning letter format.

Refer to Section 15 / 2 act. that should help you to resolved the case.

You may want to consider put him under PIP。

Joseph Lee
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:05:30 AM

I also have a same case as above here but mine story goes like this

on the 18th of April 2009 my clerk has inform one of my college that she will be on MC due that she was not feeling well and on the on the 21st of April 2009 she was on MC again and she did inform my colleague abt it but on the 22nd of April 2009 she was on the way o work and told one of the clerk that he will be late but the communication was not clear and in the end she did not came to work following the next day she came to work with an MC and death certificate of her auntie. My manager was so angry with her and ask me to issue an warning letter and i followed as he ask and my Manager was still not satisfied with the warning letter and ask me to issue a 2nd and 3rd warning letter with a dirffrent date and My manager main objective is to terminate her. in the mean time i have not issue any letter and I am asking other ppls point of view before i should take action. please advice me if it is right thing to do or what kinds of problem will i face. thank you and have a nice day!

This topic is closed