RegisterLog In

resignation and medical leave

Jason  
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 05:03:26 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 01:05:45 PM)

My company notice period is 3 months. However, I plan to join another company in 2.5 month. I wonder if I can apply medical leave to cancel the 0.5 month period by the last month ?

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 05:05:13 PM

Better don't try this sort of trick.

Jason
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 05:18:47 PM

Can I know the reason ?

lynn
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 05:45:07 PM

You are trying to cheat the company. Is it the correct way to do it?

Jason
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 06:44:12 PM

It is very said to tell you all that those whose salary is over rm 1500 is not protected by Malaysia labour law ( KL Siew always said that), as a result the only "law " is your written employee handbook and contract. Unfortunately, both employee hand book and contract are drafted by the company that most of the time are good for company but not for the employee.

According to the contract, employee is entitled to the medical leave by showing their mc from doctor or dentist. If the company thinks that

KL Siew
Administrator
Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:02:14 PM

Well, you are predicting that you will be sick during last half month of your notice period and that makes me quite uncomfortable to give you answer saying "yes you can do that". Still, it is up to you to decide whether go ahead with it or not.

Sagun
Mon, 06 Jul 2009 01:05:45 PM

Could I ask what is the latest date a company can bank in your salary?

my company did not pay my EPF last month because they said they are not registered. This month, they have not paid our full salary because they said that they need to work out how much to pay us because they need to deduct last month and this months deduction. we were only paid RM1000 last friday and they told us that we will know how much we are getting paid NEXT MONDAY which is the 13/7/09. I'm not too sure when we will actually GET the pay though. I've been working for the past 7 years and has never had this issue before. Our medical benefit is only RM100 per year and there is no hospitalisation. Can someone help me here please?

This topic is closed