RegisterLog In

Annual leave increment for MNCs in Malaysia

joey  
Sun, 06 Sep 2009 02:39:02 PM  (Last updated: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:20:53 AM)

I am currently reviewing the company annual leave policy. The management would like to revise the annual leave entitlement upwards.

For example,

Work less than 2 years : 16 days
Work 2 years to 5 years : 18 days

Is there any common practice regarding the annual leave increment for MNCs in Malaysia?
I understand that the policy is subject to the management in each company.
However, in case there is no such practice, could you please at least give me some examples of the policy from some MNCs in Malaysia that you may be aware of?

Your answer is much appreciated.

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 06 Sep 2009 03:34:03 PM

I don't have anything about that for MNC specifically but what I have is for one of our commercial banks, which says:

"6th and subsequent years of service - 24 days for each completed year.

The MEF may be able to provide you with some info.

CK Kong
Contributor
Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:20:53 AM

The following are the examples of annual leave policy practised by most MNCs in Malaysia:

1) Executive and below: Starts form 14 days, maximum 18 days. Manager and above: Starts form 14 days, maximum 24 days.

2) Executive and below: Entitled for paid AL only from the 2nd year onwards or prorated for an incomplete year. Manager and above: Entitled for paid AL immediately.

3) Unused AL are allowed to be brought forward to the subsequent year, with a maximum of 30 days accumulated AL permitted. Otherwise, the unused AL will be refunded.

*Note that there is no hard and fast rule to conform with the AL policy above, as every company has the rights to practise its own AL policy as long as the number of AL offered is in accordance with Employment Act or more.

This topic is closed