RegisterLog In

Retirement age

Wong Yin Lam  
Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:55:43 AM  (Last updated: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:12:03 PM)

Good Day to you,

Would want to ask the retirement age is still remain 55 years or increased to 75 years as follow the EPF contribution?

if there is a staffs working in a company since 2004 until now where he reached his 55 years last year.

> If the company still want the staffs to continue working, so, do the company need to issue a new employment letter to the staffs? and is there any special labour law for staffs who are 55 years old? and the employment will consider as normal employment or under contract employment?

> If the company want to stop the staff service, what benefit the staffs will get? Can company terminate a contract because the staffs is 55 years old? the termination have to be follow like usual 1 month notice?

Thanks advance for your advise.

Regards.

KL Siew
Administrator
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 03:11:21 PM

1. There is no such retirement age of 55 in EPF. You better consult EPf and get the proper information. I don't know where you got such information from.

2. When an employer termination of service of an employee, he is supposed to pay termination and layoff benefit as mention in the Employment (Termination and Layoff Benefits) Regulation.

3. About retirement age of 55, you better check the contract of service or appointment letter whether the 55 years retirement age is stated and how the service is to be terminated.

Raymond Kok
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 05:50:42 PM

In my company there are 9 employees letter of employment did not specify their retirement age. 2 employee is now 62 years old and the rest is still below 55 years old.

My question is can we issue a letter to employees who is currently below 55 yrs of age to inform them their retirement age is 55 years old. Whereas for the 2 staff who is 62 years old, can the company issue a letter to them that their retirement age is 64 years. What's Happen if the staff concern not willing to accept/agreed to the letter

Thanks.

KL Siew
Administrator
Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:12:03 PM

The staff concerned will surely not accept or agree to the letter.

This topic is closed