RegisterLog In

Resignation but din't get my salary

Albert  
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:38:36 AM  (Last updated: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:09:11 AM)

Hi, 

I have something about my salary want to get advise. 

I submit my resign letter on 30 Dec 2009 and my company need me 1 month notice for resign. The HR department send me the detail say that my last day will be 29 Jan 2010 but i use 1 day of my Annual leave to leave early meaning that my last day on duty is 28 Jan 2010. The problem is until now i still not yet get my salary and normally my company will bank in to my account on 25th every month, but this time they say because is my last month they will give me a cheque. ok fine, so they promise when i pass back everything and complete the resign procedure then i can get the cheque on my last duty day. On 28 Jan 2010 I pass back everything and i also complete the handover procedure with settle everything on hand and document down everything that i do before and pass it to the person that will takeover my part. But when i want to take the cheque they tell me the boss not yet sign the cheque i cannot get the cheque. I want to ask that is it they against the labour law and is it suppose the salary have to pay to me on my last duty days? what should i do?

Thanks 

KL Siew
Administrator
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 09:50:05 AM

Yes, you are supposed to get your salary on the last day. Just wait for a few more days. If you still don't get it, you may have to make a complaint at the Labour Department as a last resort.

Albert
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:09:11 AM

thanks a lot for your advise

This topic is closed